Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014...Word of the Year

So, I'm know this post should have probably gone up on January 1st...buttttttt, it didn't.

I'm a little slow to start with the kids not going back to school until the 6th, the studio move, and general winding down and working-on-ramping-back-up after a tremendous holiday season. 

The end of the year is always a whirlwind at the nest because once we get all those holiday orders out the door...another pile is already accumulating.

Don't get me wrong - I am so, amazingly excited about all the growth Pretty Peacock is having...it's freaking awesome.

But it makes it absolutely imperative for me to make a constant effort to carve out time to reflect and plan.


Which brings me to the topic of this post: WORD OF THE YEAR.

Since early 2013, My lovely production manager and I have been throwing this idea around about having a 'goal word' - something like a mantra...a word that you focus on as a 'theme' of sorts for the year.

The Silk Wrapped Soul Bracelets are the perfect accessory to choose one of our available words, or have a custom one made to suit your needs.

My word for 2014: UNBREAKABLE

Why?  A couple of years ago, I kind of broke.  I felt broken.  Things in my life were unraveling and that lack of control really pushed me into a dark place and for the first time, I felt broken.  


My word for 2013 was RENEWAL.  I had to re-evaluate pretty much everything and push through a lot of muck.  I found myself again...or maybe I found a better self.  

This year, 2014, I'm just armoring myself up.  I'm finding that strength I know I have in buckets and going after everything I want.  

There is so much value and meaning and motivation in carrying 'your word' with you.  It's a constant reminder to focus on your goals - even if you're not wearing the bracelet...just seeing it on the dresser in the morning and again in the evening is exactly what you need to get your head straight.

Tell me what your word is for 2014 and why...let's root each other on!!


 photo bloggersignature_zps7e1a016b.png

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love these! They're so beautiful. My word for this year is 'health' because I need to stay on the journey towards it.

Heather said...

I love these! They're so beautiful. My word for this year is 'health' because I need to stay on the journey towards it.

MoonRae said...

I too love these....my word last year was "Focus" and trust me, I tried....
This year is "Gratitude"!
I have alot to be grateful for

The Pretty Peacock said...

I love "health" because it encompasses so much!
And "Focus" - awesome!!!!! :)