Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pretty Peacock Pick of the Week ~ Storybook Pendants



School is {finally} starting this coming Wednesday for my two children.  The start of the school year always has me a bit nostalgic for their babyhood.  

My oldest is about ready to start 5th grade - and that sounds so crazy to even WRITE, let alone say aloud!  I caught a glimpse of him in the rearview mirror the other day and, I swear, I saw him as a toddler sitting in his 5-point harness and happily kicking his legs...when in reality, he is almost as tall as I am, has feet that are way bigger, and is super proud of his *almost* tween status.

My youngest is a second grader. She is still my bitty, bitty baby and always will be, darn it all!  Too bad her (becoming-all-too-frequent) sassy tone, definitive style choices, and independence streak dictate otherwise.

I created my Storybook pendants because I needed something to hang on to.  Something substantial, something that clinked when I walked, something that I could look down and be reminded of the two most gloriously monumental days of my life. Ever. 

No matter how weird-ed out I become over saying what grade my children are in, or how often I need to hold back laughter as his voice changes, or how many times I have to bite my tongue when she asks me about an outfit choice...I will have this tangible, fiddle-worthy, super meaningful pendant with the dates of their entrance into the world to hang on to.  

That's why the Storybook pendants are the Pretty Peacock Pick of the Week.

How do you guys feel about your kids going back to school?


 photo bloggersignature_zps7e1a016b.png

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

These are beauitiful

The Pretty Peacock said...

Thanks, Jennifer! It is one of my most favorite pieces!! :)