Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Funky Creation ~ Message to Me Pendant ~

I love Friday Funky Creation time!  It's something that I've done for quite some time, but never documented. 
I take Fridays to play a bit - it's a mix of research and development and a simple exercise in clearing the creative zone in my head.  Having a handful of hours to decompress from a hectic week of production, marketing, meetings and what-not's has proved to result in happier (and more sane) business owner...and oftentimes these little excursions result in a brand new piece. 
For this FFC, I wanted to create a 'little note to myself' type of piece - but I didn't want it to look like a post-it...I wanted it to be clearly distinguishable as a letter, or note.  I chose the shape of an envelope and wanted it to hang a bit askew for interest.
The whole point of this piece was to have a word on there that I say to myself quite a bit - which is, "enough".  That word holds so much weight.  I like it because it reminds me to be okay with just saying, "okay, I've had enough" of whatever (re: negative words that I say to myself, a friendship that doesn't hold positive value any longer, or cupcakes :) )  It also is a word that I use to remind myself that I am enough. Just as I am, imperfections and all. I am enough.
I wanted the word to be handwritten - it adds to the organic aesthetic of the pendant and I thought it was fitting.
Here's the finished piece:
  
What do you think?
If you need a message to carry with you, let me know - I'd love to create a piece like this for you! ana@prettypeacock.com
 photo bloggersignature_zps7e1a016b.png

No comments: