Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome 2012!

"Yodha" ~ Sanskrit Warrior Pendant with Garnet Gemstone
I am one of those people who play music in my head all the time. I have that 'soundtrack to my life' thing that Ellen DeGeneres has - so I'm know I'm not alone in this weirdness (and if you don't know what that is, I'm super sad for you right now).

When the final days of 2011 were creeping in, the song "I am the Warrior" by Pat Benatar (yes, that's right) popped into my head.  Here it is for your listening pleasure:

Powered by mp3ye.eu


I feel more fired up about life then I ever did in my twenties and that may just be because I'm getting older and I have to fit all the gillion things I want to do and accomplish before I simply cannot.

I love it when a new year rolls around. I relish in the notion that a new year breathes new life into the status quo - even though it is just another day.

So, I am excited that we are now into the 3rd day of a brand new year and look forward to all the growth, wisdom, experiences, and pleasures & pains that another year of life will bring me.  I hope you are, too.



4 comments:

Sally - Susan Franklin said...

If I had it I would spend a fortune on your site. Some beautifull things.

The Pretty Peacock said...

That is so kind of you to say!!!! :)

Pamela Hunt, Ph.D. said...

Hello! Gorgeous stuff! I just wondered something - where did you find the sanskrit for this word? I want to be certain that it's accurate so that I can get it tattooed on me! THanks :)

The Pretty Peacock said...

Hi Pamela!

I'm of East Indian descent and my father speaks Sanskrit, so he has verified all of my Sanskrit text for accuracy. :) Please feel free to email directly with questions: ana@theprettypeacock.com