Monday, November 28, 2011

The Magic and Warmth of Copper...

We haven't worked a lot with copper at TPP.  We're more prone to using precious metals such as sterling and gold...but I think we've been really missing out on this amazing metal.

Not only does copper have (alleged) healing qualities such as having anti-bacterial and anti-fungal powers, but the beauty of this metal is unlike any other.

I've been playing around with copper in the hopes of adding it to our collections, or perhaps creating an entire copper category on its own.

I love texture, so it's no surprise that every piece you see here has something that you can run your fingers across and feel.  I created these earrings using vintage Swarovski crystals and kept the design simple with circles.

             
                     These little beauties will look perfectly lovely with all the black that I wear!


I also created a few pendant-type pieces - a simple peacock feather, a mendhi paisley patterned one to match the earrings and then a fortune cookie.


Each piece was heat patina'd, which gives these pieces the awesomely sparkly variation of color.  I hang out with some very talented creative types and got the chance to learn how to do this from the amazing Kristi Bowman.  Did I do you proud, Kristi?? :)


I have a feeling that you will be seeing a lot more copper components and full pieces at The Pretty Peacock.  The warmth and beauty of this metal looks great in every Season with just about any type of outfit.  I cannot wait to experiment more!


2 comments:

Kristi Bowman said...

I love copper!! You learned well grasshopper. That peacock feather is so cool, but as always I love the paisley!

The Pretty Peacock said...

That paisley is my absolute favorite now - I can't stop using it!!!! :)