Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Owl Obsession...

I love owls. I don't know what it is about them exactly: their big, round eyes? their intelligent little faces? the fact they are wise and all?

Owl love on a branch - Custom Wedding Cake Topper by The Air Castle

I have no idea. But I love the little critters.  

It's Autumn already and the changing leaves and crisper air makes me a bit giddy.  The thought of being able to snuggle up into sweaters, smell cider brewing, and wear boots all the time makes me super happy (hey, it's the little things).

Check out these super awesome owl gloves from The Stichery Boutique on Etsy:


You just want to snuggle into those, am I right? 

The thing about wear-able owl stuff is that it can't be freaky.  At least, I couldn't wear owl stuff that was freaky.  But, I suppose, 'freaky' is relative.

I love elegantly, subtle cutesy-esque things - but finding that balance is a bit difficult!

I would like to design more woodland animal pieces for TPP.  But I've found that I either go over the top cute, or it ends up just looking scary and I can't have that!  I have a sketchbook filled with lovely little frolicking animals. The only piece that has ever made it into existence is our Good Karma Wise Owl Pendant.


This little guy is pretty popular - and makes such an awesome birthday gift for those Virgos, Libras, Scorpio, and Sagitauris' out there!  I think it's popular because it's not over-the-top cute, but you still kinda want to say, "awwwwwww...." when you look at it. :)

There is amazing amount of spectacular owl 'stuff' out there - check out this lovely little montage I put together -  and have a super Happy (start to) Autumn!! 

3 comments:

PAM @ CMCM said...

Thank you for your owl gallery. I am a complete owl-lover, like you. But, only cutesie ones...some are very scary. Now, I am going to check out those cute glove.

The Pretty Peacock said...

I am all about the cutesie, too!!! Those gloves look amazingly snuggly!!

System said...

Good stuff! Keep up the great work on posts like this one.......I enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to more.