Saturday, September 10, 2011

Now that your little monkeys are off to school....

 I don't know about you, but having the kids off for Summer break is definitely a mixed blessing: on one hand, I love that we can head to the park for a picnic, plan spur-of-the-moment vacations, and laze away the day if we so choose...but, the bickering, constant draw to the TV or Wii, and the age old, "I'm bored" definitely gets old quickly.

Though there were certainly times that I looked at my two little hooligans and wished that school was year-round, the Summer did end up going by very quickly and the welcomed routine of car pools and making lunches is upon me again.

My "Little Monkey Pendant" was born because I couldn't figure out how to draw a hooligan and I felt inspired to create a little something that would capture the personalities of my own little monkeys.


I like the idea of having something a little more on the whimsical side, rather than just the standard name and/or birthstone pendants that you see. It's amazing how many people - especially other mothers - who understand the balance of love and chaos that the charms represent (I even had a mother ask if I could devil horns on hers!).


I hand drew each one of the monkeys - there are two options for girls, one for a boy, and even a baby - so, they are true Pretty Peacock originals.

Now that the days are far more quiet and I can actually go through the entire day (or at least a 6.5 hour span) where I'm not running to the bathroom for some quiet time, I find myself looking down at my Little Monkey charms and though I am VERY grateful that the Fall is upon us again, I am far more grateful to have my own little monkeys in my life.

Happy Autumn, All!

2 comments:

Rissa said...

Such darling little monkeys! :)
I love Fall...back to school, crisp apples, piles of leaves...oh, and don't forget the scarf! :) http://www.etsy.com/listing/74110640/finely-knit-multicolor-scarf

The Pretty Peacock said...

Now THAT'S a cozy scarf!!!!