Tuesday, January 13, 2009

You are the Yin to my Yang...


I have a new design I wanted to share - just because I know that I will be tired of seeing hearts and the color red pretty soon here with Valentine's Day gearing up. I don't have anything against hearts...I mean, it would be a weird thing to have something against hearts, right? But it is a tad overdone and I fall victim to overdoing it, too, just because creating personalized jewelry and the shape of a heart sometimes go hand-in-hand.

This year, I am really focusing on my fine silver works for two main reasons: 1: It has been the medium that I find the most interesting and tolerant of my creative A.D.D. and 2: (and most importantly) it is one of the most environmentally friendly jewelry materials available. I have coined my collection of fine silver pieces the "Good Karma" Collection and I will be launching a website dedicated to these eco-friendly lovelies by the end of February.

My newest piece: You are the Yin to My Yang Pendant/Key Chain Set

Here's a little background on yin yang, just in case you are unfamiliar:
In Chinese philosophy, the concept of yin yang is used to describe how seemingly opposing forces are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, giving rise to each other in turn. Many natural dualities - e.g. dark and light, female and male, low and high - are cast in Chinese thought as yin yang. As also know to many people as a little bit of the other balances the other. So no one can live without."
~ excerpt from Wikipedia ~
My biggest draw to fine silver is its ability to hold texture - I love texture. There is something so reassuring and real about running your fingers against the relief of patterns and detail on metal.

These little beauties can have embedded CZs in them to represent you and your dear one, or maybe an anniversary month, favorite color...that kind of thing. And then you can personalize a bit of wit or lovey dovey something-or-other on the back/smooth side of the 'slice'.

I am going to have many, many more new fine silver designs this year...hopefully drawing more from nature...but always with the ability to make it personal. It's what I do. :)

Feed Shark

1 comment:

Lisa Amber said...

It's a really fresh move!
I like it! Looks a bit tribal, with oriental notes.


My jewelry blog here -
http://lamberhotspot.blogspot.com

Any comments are welcome.:)