Monday, September 8, 2008

~ FEATURE ~ Danielle of Onkie Bazoobie


I love Etsy and all the incredible talent on it. I'm going to be featuring an artist that has either just started out or is well established - either way, they are fabulous, fresh, and FEATURED here!!! Show them some love!

Today I'm featuring Danielle from Onkie Bazoobie - a shop specializing in boutique style picture frames. I know all of us have had that perfect photo and no frame seems to do it justice, well, Onkie Bazoobie solves that problem! These frames are crafted seamlessly and with such unique style! You are sure to find the perfect one for the perfect pic!!

~ What’s your craft, how long have you been doing it and how did it start?
I make one of a kind, boutique style picture frames. I recently started listing within the last month. I started making frames because I had been searching for something to do at home that combines my need to be there for my two girls when they walk in the door from school and feeds my creative side at the same time....oh, and I love taking pictures and displaying them in unique frames so it was a perfect match.

~What’s new for the upcoming holiday season in your shop?

Since I specialize in picture frames and there will be lots of holiday memories to display, you will see lots of holiday frames including ones for Halloween, Christmas and Hanukkah.

~What’s your favorite item in your shop and why?

Probably my favorite item in my shop is my “Remember” frame that is embellished with over 160 crystals that I hand applied. It was made in honor of breast cancer awareness month for anyone who wants to commemorate a loved one who bravely and courageously lost their battle with this horrible disease. All of the proceeds on this frame and two others I made will go to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation.

~ Do you think formal schooling in your craft helps or hinders?

I believe that anything that makes you better at your craft, whether it is proper schooling or just determination and trial and error, helps. Whatever you choose to do you have to love it so how you get to that point is really unimportant.

~ How do you keep your creative energy?
I personally get inspired by looking in magazines or on the internet or just being perceptive to what I see around me as I go about my day. I am surrounded by beautiful papers all day just sitting there waiting for me to make them into my frames so that is a great creative drive right there.

~ What are two of your favorite Etsy shops and why?

The Dreamy Giraffe because she has the cutest prints of paintings that she has done and even cuter little stories to go along with them that most people probably don’t read, but I'm a reader and I get a kick out of them. I also like Misha Ashton’s Shop because I LOVE photography and she has some of the most beautiful photographs I have seen so far.
~What are three tips you would give to new Etsians?
Well I don’t feel like I have any business giving people advice with the short amount of time I have been on Etsy, but the advice that I have been given that has really stuck with me is this: 1. List daily or at least a few times a week to keep your name on the top of the searches. 2. Get your name out there however you can. 3. Love what you do or none of this will be worth it!

No comments: