Thursday, August 14, 2008

~ FEATURE ~ Krisybird's Beads and Things

I love Etsy and all the incredible talent on it. Every Friday, I'm going to be featuring an artist that has either just started out or is well established - either way, they are fabulous, fresh, and FEATURED here!!! Show them some love!

This weeks artist is Krista Barth from Krisybird's Beads and Things

What’s your craft, how long have you been doing it and how did it start?
I mostly make handcrafted jewelry, b
ut also dabble in some photography. I have been doing it for about 4 years now. I started because I am allergic to nickle, so I made things I could wear myself. Then people told me there are alot of people with the same problem out there and I should try selling what I make.

What’s y
our favorite item in your shop and why?
I think my favorite item in my shop right now is my photo notecards of baby birds. The are s
o precious and cute!









Do you think formal schooling in your craft helps or hinders?

I don't know, I never had any...but would like to take some specialty crafting classes.
- How do you keep your creative energy? I find it very relaxing to sit and create things with my hands. I helps relieve my stress.

What are two of your favorite Etsy shops and why?

Gillianbeads and Derrellisdesigns I just love the beads they both make! Gillian makes Lampwork glass beads, and Derrelli makes Polymer clay beads. Both are very artistic in their craft!


What are three tips you would give to new Etsians? Post alot...get involved in chat or games or BnR's where people will look through your store.

~~Krista is offering an incredible discount!!! She will give a 25% discount to anyone who puts "BLOG" in the message to seller section at check out! Make it happen people!!!
~~

1 comment:

TeriB said...

Great to hi-lite others---I'm going to look at Krista's site right now (and probably spend money lol).

Teri
www.sandtcreations.etsy.com