Tuesday, August 19, 2008

~ FEATURE ~ Angela of Mailled

I love Etsy and all the incredible talent on it. I'm going to be featuring an artist that has either just started out or is well established - either way, they are fabulous, fresh, and FEATURED here!!! Show them some love!

I love jewelry - that's why I design it myself! Angela, of Mailled, is an incredibly talented jewlry artisan who specializes in chainmaille pieces. Her jewelry is nothing short of exquisite.





Etsy
Buy Handmade
mailled

What’s your craft, how long have you been doing it and how did it start?
My craft is being crafty! Necessity,
being the mother of invention, has driven me to constantly create. As a child I was dyslexic which made me always search for a different way of doing things. My creativity blossomed from there. I knit, crochet, sew, wire wrap, bead.... well the list goes on! My closest friends often use the term 'industrious' to describe me.
In February of 2007, while hunting for a new wire supplier, I stumbled upon a chainmaillers forum. As someone who studied history I was immediately
drawn to this ancient art. I believe it translates well into a modern world - it gives me a sense of being connected with the past.

What’s new for the upcoming holiday se
ason in your shop?
Since I dabble in a lot of other jewelry related projects, I am working on bringing other elements into my work. I am in the design stages of projects that will co
mbine chainmaille, wire wrapping and stones.



What’s your favorite item in your shop and why?

My favorite item has to be my japanese weave chainmaille necklace. This one in my shop is a reproduction of a unique design that I came up with while using up leftover rings from other projects. It uses 4 sizes of wire and 6 sizes of jumprings. It has taught me to think outside of traditionally used weaves and how chainmaille can be incredibly versatile.


Do you think formal schooling in your craft helps or hinders?
I am self taught in my craft. I do think that perhaps a couple of classes on soldering or really tricky weaves would have saved me some time though!

How do you keep your creative energy?
I have a beautiful garden. When I'm feeling particularly uncreative all I need to do is go outside, take a break and enjoy the beauty of nature.

What are two of your favorite Etsy shops and why?
BoonesHooks This is a new seller that has the most beautiful forged home accessories!
MagdalenasAtelier's This woman takes wire wrapping to new levels. Such amazing talent!


What are three tips you would give to new Etsians?
Patience. It takes time to become established anywhere. I'm a relative newbie here too!
Promote. Be warm and welcoming and actively promote yourself at every oppurtunity!
Believe in yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, no one else will either!



~~ Angela is offering FREE SHIPPING to the US and Canada if you put in "PP BLOG" in the message to seller area at check out! Thanks, Angela!! ~~

5 comments:

mailled said...

Thank you so much for featuring my shop!

Jodie said...

I love this jewellery. I keep seeing chainmaille in the magazines and wanting to have a go because of the cool effects you can get. I've only ever used very basic chainmaille in designs. These are fabulous pieces, especially the necklace and the bronze bracelett.

On a side note I came here because I saw in the forums you feature people. I'd love it if you checked out my shop at http://www.blinkingmouse.etsy.com

Always Amy said...

I ran across your comment in the forums & I would love to be featured on your blog. :) I looked through some of the entires here & it's very nicely done. I've already added your link to my blog. www.always-amy.blogspot.com

I have two shops here on Etsy. www.alwaysamy.etsy.com which is my all jewelry shop. & www.alsoamy.etsy.com which is my photography & crafty endeavors shop.

I don't know how you do your features but I would be willing to answer questions for an interview, show pictures of my work or workspace & even offer a coupon or giveaway if you are interested! :) Thank you so much for considering my shops. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Always,
Amy

Carol said...

This shop is great, peacock!! I'd love to be featured if you're interested!!

KreatedbyKarina said...

I came across your post/thread in the Etsy orums about looking for interested parties for blog features, and I would LOVE to be a part of your blog! As for two reasons to feature SoapThatMakesScents?

1) Everyone needs soap---and I have something for everyone

and

2) You'll be making the world a better place by helping to educate people on the betterments of using handmade soap rather than chemical-ridden and paraben-filled mass-produced bars.

Anymore questions, please let me know--and thanks for the opportunity!

Karina



Handcrafted Soaps made with traditional ingredients
Soap That Makes Scents™
http://kreatedbykarina.etsy.com